Register TODAY for free REMAS training
As a fundamental part of the project, the capitalisation and transfer of results is key to progress in achieving the REMAS objectives. In this sense, REMAS closes the year with two key actions, the final communication event to be held in Lisbon and this online training action "Greenhouse gas emissions risk management in forest fires", which was already held with the support of the Diputación de Valencia in Spain for public administration personnel and now from 21 November to 4 December will be replicated for the whole European territory. This will be implemented through the online academy.
From TODAY you can register for this training action to learn about the risk of greenhouse gas emissions in forest ecosystems, which are the most vulnerable areas, innovative technologies for the quantification of carbon in vegetation and soil and how these emissions can be reduced and carbon pools can be restored after a forest fire.
This is your registration link: https://www.isfes.es/course-remas-form/
It is important to know that:
- The thematic units are recorded and you will have the support of the teaching personnel via chat with answers within 24-48h.
- There are limited places available.
- The training will be given by the REMAS team, Spain, France and Portugal, so the language will be in English.
- You can do it at your own pace during these 2 weeks.
- You will receive a certificate of participation in the REMAS training action at the end of the training.
- The training course lasts approximately 8 hours.
We inform you that, in this online training, teachers, composed of REMAS technical personnel and researchers, have made their best efforts to compile in the training the most outstanding knowledge that has been developed in the project, which includes, by thematic units:
- Thematic Unit 0 (TU). Introduction
- TU1. Identification and assessment of vulnerable forest ecosystems.
- TU2. Assessment of carbon stocks in forest ecosystems: quantification by remote sensing.
- TU3. Monitoring of carbon stocks in forest ecosystems in REMAS pilot areas.
- TU4. Greenhouse gas emission risk model: calculation and application.
- TU5. Best practices for carbon sequestration and restoration in damaged ecosystems.
- TU6. Policies and strategies to mitigate the risk of GHG emissions.
Our main objective is that you acquire the knowledge of 3 years of work compiled in these thematic units in a synthesized way so that you are updated on the latest developments in the framework of the emission risk management due to forest fires.
In less than 1 minute you can register and then train at your own pace in those 2 weeks.
Register at https://www.isfes.es/course-remas-form/
REMAS is coming to an end in 2022 and we want this knowledge to reach you, to be available to you in a practical way and for you to have your certificate.
See you inside!